06 December 2008

Memetics: Firsts of the Firsts of the Months of 2008

It's funny, the things that stick with us. What with Grandpop's funeral and all, I completely forgot to make note of a certain date. Sara and I were at PharynguFest Boston last night at the Cambridge Brewing Company.

Every time I pass a Reformed Church of Christ, I think to myself, "I wonder what a Delinquent Church of Christ looks like." I'm not crazy about public debates; they seem to me to give too much power and import to rhetorical tricks rather than honest academic pursuit.

Apologies for the unannounced absence. I considered avoiding comment on this one, but the pun was too good to pass up.

Stumbled across this the other night. It's fairly remarkable... since having seen Dinesh D'Souza in a live debate, I've felt much less compelled to shred the inanity he posts to his blog. How can you live like that?

Miss me? Clockwise from left: the Moon, Jupiter, and Venus.

~*~

Tip of the hat to some science bloggers.  If you have a blog of your own, then play along: go through your archives, and post the first sentence of the first post of each month of the past year.

No comments: