06 May 2008

Head Case

Alison Rose Levy, Huffington Post blogger and self-proclaimed "Ms. Integrative Health", fell down and hurt her poor head last week. She apparently wound up getting eight stitches (that's right, in a real emergency room, from a real health care technician). But her "health" response didn't end there:
. . . I accessed homeopathy to address the shock and bruising and acupuncture to strengthen my body's immune response. I used a natural silver homeopathic ointment to prevent infection, and health coaching for the feelings of sadness and fear that arose from this scary incident, while Gyrotonics helped rebalance my bones, muscles, and structure. Currently, I'm doing followup with DNA supportive nutraceuticals and energy medicine tools to minimize scarring and help the tissues rebuild rapidly.

All of this taken together has diminished the shiner of all times in just a week. . .
I have to admit, that is pretty impressive. Without all that treatment, it could have taken up to seven days for the bruising to fade. Even as it was, she still had to "integrate" concealer (undiluted, I assume... has anyone attempted marketing homeopathic makeup?) into her regimen.

Best to go through all those motions anyway, just in case. Because, after all, " it's not just about sifting through information, it's about learning to discern what works for you. And that is individual." Translation: Anecdotal evidence is the only evidence. Do what you feel like, devil the cost and reality be damned.

And this is far from the worst woo the HuffPo peddles.

2 comments:

Sinny said...

"DNA supportive nutraceutical and energy medicine tools"

....

WOW.

I want me one of those too. Think you can hook me up with some, Aaron?

Aaron Golas said...

Sure, as soon as I figure out what the heck a "nutraceutical" is...