28 September 2007

The whole thing is illusion, you see

A lot of religious idiocy has crossed my desk today, and I'm just not going to deal with it tonight. I'm already feeling a little grumpy after Sara and I got our asses handed to us in Age of Empires II, and I just plain don't feel like being negative before bed.

So instead, something awesome. Here's one of my favourite actors ever (and an atheist to boot!), Sir Ian McKellen, giving valuable insight into his craft:


"I was brought up a Christian, low church, and I like the community of churchgoing. That's rather been replaced for me by the community of people I work with. I like a sense of family, of people working together. But I'm an atheist. So God, if She exists, isn't really a part of my life."
--Sir Ian McKellen (celebatheists.com)

No comments: